Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Re-Examining "The Good Decade"--Intro

The 1990s cannot be the greatest decade. They are behind, at least, the 1980s. Possibly, they trail the 1960s as well. For sheer nostalgic force, though, the Nineties cannot currently be topped. I'm almost positive the rush of wistfulness is down to the fact that it was the final decade of the proceeding century, before mankind gave in to the temptation of the apple again (for the first time). The Clinton era. When fame took effort and things seemed to matter.

Okay, I'll bite.

Going only by the entertainment aspect of popular culture, I'll rank every year of the decade. No fashion, sports, technology, news or politics allowed.

Then I'll attack Rolling Stone's "Top 50 Songs of the Nineties."

Then I'll attend a pig wedding.

Look forward to me, damnit.

No comments:

Post a Comment