Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Freedom to Blog

Frankly, what's transpiring over at Bent Corner is a farce. I expect Ignatius Reilly to come in with a parrot and a pair of pants slung over his ample shoulders at any minute, yelling aloud words from his giant notepad. Then Major Major will have him shuffled along while arguing semantics and how you have the right to say whatever you want, just so long as you don't say the wrong thing (whatever the hell that is).

It is utterly ludicrous that Bent Corner may be taken from the blogosphere; all that was said by this blogger was he thought that a certain comic book artist "ripped off" a fan by selling a small sketch of work for $150. A sentiment which was later discovered by the artist via our dear friend Mr. Google and not only responded to but agreed to also! Should have been end of story. That it seems to be in fact only the beginning is both mind-boggling and depressing to me.

Good luck, Rick. I hope common sense wins the day and you continue to blog on.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the kind words. It looks like my blog will stay up. My hosting provider agreed with me that I was free to voice my opinion. He did ask if I wouldn't mind removing the Cease and Desist letter. The one that contained the super secret name and phone number of the lawyer that sent it.

    I thing I cannot get over is that I have said far worse about so many other people without lawyers getting involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that sense has prevailed! Some days I wonder.

    "I thing I cannot get over is that I have said far worse about so many other people without lawyers getting involved."

    Real estate attorneys at that! Coming from that line of work, let me tell you...that egregious typo in the letter didn't surprise me at all. I've seen attorneys draft and approve title deeds that gave people ownership of an entire subdivision when they were only supposed to receive a house within the subdivision. And then it's all panic and more thousands of dollars spent to have it corrected because they did a sloppy, rushed job the first time.

    Given the enduring desultory period the real estate market has been suffering, I think the attorneys that contacted you are just really bored at this point.

    ReplyDelete