Sunday, October 7, 2012

Discography Party

With my final write-up on Duran Duran's 1980s output published this week, another Trapper Jenn Discography Review has been completed.  I've done quite a few of these, and only one more looms on the horizon:  reviews of every studio album released by the so-called "Big 4" of heavy metal--Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax.  This series will begin sometime next year, as I have bigger fish to catch and then summarily fry, but trust that the series will begin.  And end.

In the meantime, let's reminisce.

Duran Duran Discography, 1980s only 
Devo and The B-52s
Shonen Knife
Sleater-Kinney
The Beatles
Sonic Youth

Once the Big 4 review series is completed, that does it for these extensive breakdowns of a band's catalog.  It's fun, but exhausting, and the rewards no matter how gratifying (and they are) are never monetary.  So.

The next two music-centered posts I have in mind (both of which will precede the Big 4) will be for my top 10 hip-hop albums of all time and a look at three solo albums by Sonic Youth members and the impact they made on my life upon their release.

The suspense is delicious, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment