Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Today I Discovered I Am a Loon

Actually, I already knew; the "MD" in the blog name stands for "manic-depressive" as well as being the abbreviation for my home state.

My MRI came back today, with the only notable result being that I, like virtually my entire family, have sinusitis. No multiple sclerosis, no tumors. All the physical symptoms I've been experiencing have been the result of a bipolar/panic disorder I have stubbornly insisted on leaving untreated for extended periods.

I've now been on Symbyax for a week and feel improvement in increments. I'm still getting attacks, but am learning to control them best I can. As soon as I get over thinking I have a heart problem when no evidence of such exists (in fact, two separate EKGs over the past two months have shown no abnormalities), I'll be cool. Gimme a couple days on that one.

2 comments:

  1. great news, you shall get through it with flying aces

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I'm glad to learn that you don't have MS or a skull full of tumors. As far as the bipolar thing is concerned, Patrick is right - you will get through this.

    ReplyDelete