Sunday, December 21, 2008

Peanuts is Timeless, Pt. The Cowboys Suck

It's a Snoopy snowman! Although really, the ideal Snooman is the one depicted on the flag hanging outside my house: two large mounds of snow with Snoop's behatted head sticking out the top.

I've written about many Peanuts specials, including all the "major" ones. There remain three, however, that I've desperately wanted to review but could not, thanks to their non-presence on DVD. The first would be It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown, the pre-Roger Rabbit attempt at mixing animation with live action. Believe it or not, it remains the only Peanuts program I have not seen. The other two are ones I've watched repeatedly on video: Snoopy's Reunion and It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown, two specials that are sorely underappreciated. Well, two of my dreams are about to come true when Warner releases Snoopy's Reunion on DVD April 7th. The bonus special? It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown.

2010? Futz me.

I think growing up to be a member of the Browns is actually worse.

Yeah, except Peppermint Patty wasn't in the show. Oops.

I can't believe someone with the username "Edina Monsoon" attacks Peanuts. Deep down you know it's fabulous, sweetie darling! Sweetie. Darling.

And...Patsy! Et tu, sweetie? Leave the reviews to me, darling.

No comments:

Post a Comment