Monday, May 19, 2008

Peanuts Is Timeless, and Necessitating Additional Shelf Space

Articles like this may cause me to give a crap about NASCAR! Or not. All it really does is make me wish Snoopy's Reunion was on DVD.

Articles like this almost make me wish I knew how to drive. Although I guess I could just go to the Mason-Dixon Auto Auction, pick up a cheap car, park it, and just plaster it with decals.

I could totally see Charlie Brown growing up to be a struggling writer. He'd make Alex Haley's rejection slip pile look puny.

Nice to see all you folks coming here after Googling "greg felton voice schroeder". Mr. Felton's performance in Be My Valentine reigns still as the best Schroeder ever voiced, although that isn't too dissimilar from being known as the fastest turtle.

Sports and politics should never mix; you get a lotta dumb bets between mayors involving food. Should never mix unless, of course, it's during a patented TJMD Peanuts roundup.

I always try to end these posts with the best item, and this week is no different. Behold, forthcoming DVDs from Warner! Just in time for the infallible process that will decide which schmuck is going to run the nation, I can't wait, it's You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown! (And you can certainly expect a pre-release review of said special on this blog soon.) But the big news...the sweetest plum...the ripest berry...It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, hitting shelves in early September. Yeah, I know. I also know that the cover art is incredible. It's Magic, Charlie Brown as a bonus feature is almost too much to bear. It's about damn time these scarcer specials start seeing wide release.

No comments:

Post a Comment