Sunday, September 2, 2007

Killing the Delirious Drama For Michigan Football

This afternoon in my life was marked by spiralling pigskin.

Patrick: "Appalachian State just scored on Michigan. 7-7. That is not gonna look good to voters, if they let a team like that stay close."

Me: "Uh, yeah, but the final score's gonna be 42-10, so Appalachian better enjoy it."

I said this out of no particular yearning to see either team win or lose; rather, top 5 title hopefuls in the frequently-predictable world of NCAA Football don't lose to Division 1-AA teams, no matter how accomplished that "other" team might be.

Except when they do. Even better, Notre Dame got their golden boy Irish asses handed to them by Georgia Tech, 33-3. That even made Lucky the Celtics leprachaun weep copiously into a Killians.

Also, my second year as a Fantasy Football owner started off spectacularly, as the 10-team league I am a part of held its live draft today. Whereas I picked 9th in a 14-team league last year and ended up finishing third, I was absolutely gobsmacked to receive the top overall pick. Naturally, I selected Redskins running back Clinton Portis. Yeah...with a gun to my head, maybe (and I mean that better be like a Paris Gun). I snatched up LaDainian Tomlinson, and the rest of my team shapes up thusly:

Carson Palmer
(Cin - QB)

Larry Fitzgerald
(Ari - WR)

Santana Moss
(Was - WR)

Chris Chambers
(Mia - WR)

LaDainian Tomlinson
(SD - RB)

Willis McGahee
(Bal - RB)

Antonio Gates
(SD - TE)

Tatum Bell
(Det - RB)

Matt Hasselbeck
(Sea - QB)

L.J. Smith
(Phi - TE)

Michael Turner
(SD - RB)

Joshua Cribbs
(Cle - WR)

Jeff Wilkins
(StL - K)

Baltimore
(Bal - DEF)

Denver
(Den - DEF)

Champ Bailey
(Den - DB)

Brian Urlacher
(Chi - DL)

Chris Hope
(Ten - DB)

Bart Scott
(Bal - DL)


Chad Greenway
(Min - DL)

The maddening horror of my wide receiver corps aside (having a fantasy team with a starter from the Redskins not named Chris Cooley makes me break out into sweat-shudders), this promises to be a top notch squad in a hard-fought league. I mean...LT. Balto D, my starters for the second straight year. Being the only female coach in the league again. This is my soap opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment